Sweet and Spicy Tilapia over Couscous with Green Beans
Sweet and Spicy Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup orange juice, about 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the broiler on your oven.
- Combine all ingredients in a resealable bag. Let marinate at room temperature for about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray or oil with olive oil.
- Place the fillets in a single layer in the baking dish and pour marinade over them.
- Broil for about 8 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes with a fork.
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- If you are buying a box of couscous, please follow the printed instructions. Otherwise,
- Bring stock or water to a boil.
- Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes, remove lid and fluff with a fork.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, optional
- kosher salt and pepper
- Place green beans in a pan, cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and let cook about 3 minutes or until bright green and crisp tender.
- Drain water, add butter, toss to melt, and season with salt and pepper.
KID NOTE: Omit the ground red pepper from their portions.
VEGETARIAN TIP: Replace the fish with firm tofu. Saute instead of broiling. Add remaining marinade to pan toward the end of cooking and let thicken.
GLUTEN MODIFICATIONS: Use tamari instead of soy sauce and quinoa instead of couscous.