Delicious Easter Dinner Recipe
This delicious and easy recipe is perfect for Easter night, or any night around it. Try something new this year!
We’ve extended our 50% off discount through April 12th! Just use this promo code at checkout: HelloSpring
Not ready to sign up? No problem! Check out our Sample Menu for a complete week of family favorites.
Seared Chicken with Orange Pan Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch onion powder
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice, about 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- pinch dried rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet (I used my cast iron) until it begins to smoke.
- While the oil is heating, sprinkle seasonings on chicken.
- Place chicken, without crowding, in the skillet. Let the chicken sear without moving for at least 2 minutes. Then flip and let it continue to cook until juices run clear, about 4-5 minutes depending on the thickness of your meat.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, transfer to a plate and lightly tent.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a low simmer. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes or until it begins to thicken slightly. Remember this is a thin ‘sauce’ not a ‘gravy’.
- Plate the chicken and spoon sauce on top.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, stemmed trimmed and cut in half length-wise
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4” rounds
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3-4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place prepared vegetables and bacon on a large rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with oil (just enough to lightly coat); and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables on a center rack and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss with a spatula, and return to the oven for another 20 minutes – brussels sprouts will be nice and crisp and carrots tender.
KID NOTE: Serve the chicken with pan sauce on the side.
VEGETARIAN TIP: Pan sear 3/4” slices of eggplant 10-12 minutes per side until well browned and tender. Make pan sauce as indicated.
GLUTEN FREE MODIFICATIONS: Gluten free as written.
Active: 20 mins · Cook: 40 mins · Serves: 4
Looking for more? Sign up to receive healthy and easy weekly recipes like this. We even pair them with a grocery list to streamline the entire process for you. Kid tested and approved.
Save 50% when you use promo code: HelloSpring